Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 1998 15:14:48 +1000
From:      Alex Helbig <alex@muse.org.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Source Routed packets

Hi all,

I have 2.2.7-RELEASE installed in a box which will become a firewall.

I have rebuilt a kernel with IP_FORWARDING disabled between two ethernet
interfaces.  I need to know whether this will also prevent forwarding of
Source Routed IP Packets.

Does anyone know?  Is there another kernel directive that needs to be
modified to stop these kind of packets?

Regards
Alex

                     \\\///
                    / _  _ \
Alex Helbig                        Somerville House
Head Of I.T                        17 Graham Street
ph 07 3248 9224                      South Brisbane
ahelbig@somerville.qld.edu.au         Qld Australia