Date:      Tue, 03 Apr 2007 02:51:09 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, julian@freebsd.org, JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
Subject:   Re: ipfw add pipe broken in RELENG_6

Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
> Julian Elischer пишет:
>> somewhere between my MFC testing and the commits there seems to have
>> been a screwup.
>> I think it happenned because I reverted a MFC out of my list of MFC's
>> to do after
>> I had done some tests because they causled a failure and I hadn't
>> realised that
>> they affected this code too.
>>
>> I'm doing testing now and should be able to confirm this in a short
>> while.
>
> Hi, Julian!
>
> Seems, that converting from time_second to time_uptime broke
> `ipfw -t show'.
> Now we have one PR:
>
> And i see similar problem on the my CURRENT.

yeah I seem to have MFC'd a BUG..
I confirmed they behaved the same. but I was looking at binary data
and didn't notice the date..

I'm preparing a revert, however it is a no-win situation as that leaves you open to
sessions timing out immediately when the time is changed forward.

So, which is more important?
accurate timeouts or accurate reporting?

Ont thing that COULD be done would be to add the boot-time to the reported
times. this would never let a session time out too early, but would give
slightly misleading report numbers if the time is adjusted. They would
'adjust' to the same offset against the 'new time'.
i.e. if it shows 2 hours before "now" before the change it will show 2
hours before the "new now" after the time is changed. This may be acceptable.