Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 2015 06:53:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      timp <timp87@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: squid 3.5 plans

There is no maintainer for squid ports, so I guess there is no plans.
IMO www/squid33 should be removed, no reason to keep it in ports.
www/squid should be moved to www/squid34 for some time (~3 or more months)
www/squid should be upgraded to 3.5 branch.

Meanwhile, I tried to create a port for 3.5.
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2015-February/098178.html
It's www/squid35, but it's not important for testing purpose.