Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 02:20:30 -0700
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        "M.C Wong" <mcwong@hotmail.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apsfilter and remote printing

On %M 0, "M.C Wong" <mcwong@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone successfully configured apsfilter so do printing to a remote
> lpd (happens to be one running on NT!) for HPLJ5si ?
>
> Can this be done ?

Have you look into the apsfilter configuration and noted:

# Only for experts:
# Do we have a remote printer (printer directly connected to ethernet) ???
# Then please make a reasonable entry in /etc/printcap manually and
# activate this line:

#REMOTE_PRINTER=True

A reasonable entry in /etc/printcap would look like:

remote:rm=ntmachine.mydomain.com:rp=lp

or

remote:rm=ntmachine.mydomain.com:rp=lp:\
      :sd=/var/spool/output/remote:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>