Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 04:53:34 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@chuckr.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dvi, dvds, & mplayer

Chuck Robey wrote:
> I'm getting closer.
>
> I was getting only about 60 seconds of output from mplayer before it
> complained about my machine being too slow (ridiculous, it's a 2.1G dual
> Athlon)

Sounds familiar. Pioneer DVD-Drive? Try specifying a bit of cache -
cache=2048 in .mplayer/options - and also set framedrop=1 and
hardframedrop=1 to be on the safe side. xv output should be completely
sufficient, hardware GLX tends to not help but rather cause additional
problems with most hardware.

--
Regards,
	Michael Nottebrock