Date:      Sun, 18 Jul 1999 10:25:50 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@ares.maths.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wine and SMP

> > I'm wondering if anyone currently has the wine emulator running on an SMP
> > machine?  I have no problems setting it up on my single processor machine
> > at home, but on an SMP machine at work I can't get anything running.
> > Whenver I try and execute a program with wine I get the message
> >
> > shared space address fork attempted
>
> This only work on -current, sorry.  What it's trying to do is
> fork() but share the data segments.  You this _may_ work on
> 3-stable, but i doubt it.

Hi Alfred (copying to the list too :),

Thanks for the info.

I'm running 3.2-STABLE on the SMP machine and 3.2-RELEASE at home.  I don't
believe this is the issue though as I had the same problems with 3.1-STABLE
on the SMP machine.  So, this must be to do with -CURRENT.  I'm happy to
backport if anyone has any clues on which files to look at :).

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083