Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2001 14:16:53 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   docs/33255: 2 Dead links on the "projects index" page

>Number:         33255
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       2 Dead links on the "projects index" page
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD localhost 5.0-CURRENT

I have tried multiple times with no luck, attempting to connect.
I cannot seem to open a connection to either site (advocasy and cellphone)
>How-To-Repeat:
Read the page, click on the site, and wait for the "hostname
lookup failure/error contacting host" box/message
>Fix:
This diff patch, will remove both links unless someone has a better idea
or someone has stood up to take over the projects, or whatever.

*** projects.sgml.old	Thu Dec 27 13:08:31 2001
--- projects.sgml.new	Thu Dec 27 13:10:15 2001
***************
*** 127,144 ****
  <h3>Advocacy</h3>
  <ul>

! <Li><a name="advocacyproj" href="http://freebsd.tesserae.com/">;
! The FreeBSD Advocacy Project</a>
! The FreeBSD Advocacy Project is the group of people responsible for
! the promotion of FreeBSD. Our main goal is to develop a competent
! marketing image for the FreeBSD Project, and increase the overall
! user-base of FreeBSD.
! </li>
!
! <li><a name=bsdvlin href="http://www.futuresouth.com/~fullermd/freebsd/bsdvlin.html">;
! FreeBSD vs. Linux</a>: a bunch of comparisons between FreeBSD and
! Linux, which is another publicly-distributed free UNIX-like OS
! for PC's.</li>

  is an electronic publication about the BSD operating system in general.
--- 127,136 ----
  <h3>Advocacy</h3>
  <ul>

! <li><a name=bsdvlin
! href="http://www.futuresouth.com/~fullermd/freebsd/bsdvlin.html">; FreeBSD vs.
! Linux</a>: a bunch of comparisons between FreeBSD and Linux, which is another
! publicly-distributed free UNIX-like OS for PC's.</li>

  is an electronic publication about the BSD operating system in general.
***************
*** 182,192 ****
  Internet Operating System Counter</a> is a survey about operating
  system usage on the Internet. Host addresses are collected and
  queried for their operating system using queso.</li>
-
- <li><a name="cellphone"
- href="http://mygiea.heim8.tu-clausthal.de/projects/handy/">The BSD
- cellphone</a>. FreeBSD daemon covers for cellphones.
- </li>

  <li><a name="freebsdcon"
  href="http://www.usenix.org/events/bsdcon02/cfp/">BSDCon 2002</a>, the
--- 174,179 ----