Date:      Mon, 08 Feb 1999 10:43:44 -0800
From:      Oly <oly@world.std.com>
To:        "Eric I. Arnoth" <earnoth@UDel.Edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO v. release

The PAO boot floppies are for installing a FreeBSD system with PCMCIA
support from scratch (or as a full upgrade).  Alternatively, you can download

the PAO tarball and add PAO to an existing install.  It unpacks into a source

directory and has patches for the system kernel.  You need to have the
sources
to the kernel available and you need to rebuild the kernel as well as the PAO

utilities.  The instructions in the PAO/release dir are very straightforward.

Be sure to get the PAO release for your version of FreeBSD.  There is a
version for 2.2.7 on the ftp site still, I believe.  2.2.8 is on the web
page.
3.0 is unnecessary (?).

Cheers,
-Oly