Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 02:02:08 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Charlie Root <root@liu.dhis.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp script

Hi,

Could someone point out how to the auto ppp script from the manual way below?
I also can connect with kppp, but its speed is about 50% slow than the manual
 one. I am using 56k moodem and FreeBSD 3.2.

Thanks in advance!

#########################
# manual typed commands #
#########################
star# ppp
Working in interactive mode
Using interface: tun0
ppp ON star> term
deflink: Entering terminal mode on /dev/cuaa1
Type `~?' for help
at
OK
atdt2222222
CONNECT 115200
ISP Dial In

User Access Verification

Username: me
Password:
geodial>ppp
Entering PPP mode.
Async interface address is unnumbered (Ethernet0)
Your IP address is xxx.xx.xxx.xxx. MTU is 1500 bytes
Header compression will match your system.

~ppp ON star>
PPp ON star>
PPP ON star> set timeout 0
PPP ON star> add! default HISADDR
PPP ON star>

# ppp.conf   #
default:
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 115200
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0 OK \\
dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"