Date:      Sat, 7 Nov 1998 01:09:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Stephen A Derdau <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 2 questions Xfre86 Xwrapper & a ld.so failed

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998, Stephen A Derdau wrote:

> I just installed Xfree86 3.3.2 from Xfree86.org's site.
> I have the server running but am having a difficult
> time with Xwrapper stuff.
>
> I understand there is some security things and
> a regular user needs to have an xserverrc file
> to point to Xwrapper to get X to run.
> Having a problem with this file . I
> can't seem to find any documentation on what it should
> include etc.

How are your users running X, using 'startx' or through an XDM login?

> I use to be able to run cvsup also
> Now I get the error message
> ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libm3formsvbt.so.4.1"
> couldn't find any refrence to this file either on the
> search page.

You missed the CVSUP FAQ.  In any case you installed the dynamically liked
version, so you need to install the modula-3-lib port to pick up those
libraries.  I highly suggest installing the statically linked version
instead.

Doug White