Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 21:56:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>
To:        peter <peter@gcsl.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with installing AfterStep on 2.2.7

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, peter wrote:

> OK, the first problem is trying to install AfterStep 1.4.5.55N6 on
> FreeBSD 2.2.7. I unpack it all in my /Home dir then do ./configure it
> configures it OK, then run xmkmf and it gives me this message,
>
>         imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
>         Imakefile.c:8: Imake.tmpl : No such file or directory
>         imake: Exit code 33.
>             Stop.
>
> If anyone has any ideas I would be greatfull.

Your XFree86 installation is incomplete. You'll need the developers files
to use imake. Get the file X332prog.tgz off your FreeBSD installation
media (or off the ftp site), cd to /usr/X11R6/ and tar xzf it. Just be
sure you're in /usr/X11R6 first.

Aslo, if you don't need to be on the bleeding edge of AfterStep
development, you might consider using the FreeBSD port or package
"AfterStep-devel". It's currently at 1.4.5.3, but I'd imagine they'll be
catching up soon.

Cheers,
Mick

The Reverend Jasper P. O'Malley          dotdot:jooji@webnology.com
    Systems Administrator                  ringring:asktheadmiral
	Webnology, LLC               woowoo:http://www.webnology.com/~jooji