Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 1997 23:23:21 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Burn CD not allowed copy

According to Terry Lambert:
> Of course, if you really wanted to make it inconvenient for a
> cracker, build a dongle.  This will make it inconvenient for
> your users as well, but you can bask happily in the knowledge
> that for every user who can't use your software, neither can 10

That's not really true, I've seen lots of software used without the dongle
they were supposed to run with... So it is not a good protection now (even
if it takes more work to crack a dongle).

> crackers -- who would never have paid you a dime anyway, since
> people prevented from stealing something don't go out and buy
> it because they can't steal it.

I love that sentence :-)
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #20: Fri Jun 13 00:16:13 CEST 1997