Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:26:14 +0200
From:      Andy Sporner <sporner@nentec.de>
To:        Gary Stanley <gary@outloud.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: load balancing with 2 nic cards possible?

Gary Stanley wrote:

> Is it possible to split the load of IP traffic with 2 ethernet cards
> on a 4.x machine? I'm new to "load balancing" in a sense, however, I'd
> like to try something that seems more "robust"

I didn't know about the 'fec' adapter (might be a good starting point).
 I have a requirement (from a corporate project)
to see "Teaming Adapters"  (or faster etherchannels) for a network
switch I am developing.  There doesn't seem to be
a driver at the same level as Intel has on the Windoze environment.  I
want to make a design overview before I start and
would be interested in any possible reviewers,  Please email if you are
interested (for the moment clusters is on hold! :-()

Andy