Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:53:43 -0300
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Paul Jansen <vlaero@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, 3d@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: libdvdread port broken

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 09:19:12AM +1000, Paul Jansen wrote:
> Using 4.6R.  I'm trying to install vlc (videolan
> client, a DVD/VCD player).  libdvdread is a
> dependency.
> This is what I get when I try to 'make'.  I cvsupped
> /usr/ports/graphics yesterday.
>
> edessa# make
> ===>  Patching for libdvdread-0.9.3
> -E: not found
> *** Error code 127

	For some reason, your system is not correctly syncronized.
The -E error comes from line 31 of libdvdread/Makefile

        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -E -e 's|cd \$$\(top_srcdir\) && \$$\(AUTOMAKE\)|\#|; \

	REINPLACE_CMD is not defined in your system despite the fact
that in line 19 we have

USE_REINPLACE=  yes

	You should CVSup the WHOLE ports system so that
you have a syncronized Mk/bsd.ports.mk. Then, things should
begin working again.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer