Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2019 18:23:49 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: poudriere(-devel) ports updating question

> Am 05.03.2019 um 15:09 schrieb tech-lists <tech-lists@zyxst.net>:
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> There are several categories of ports I'd like to avoid for some
> architectures. For example, I don't want x11 for mips.mips64. Or =
astronomy. But let's say, for this architecture, I want to build =
everything else.
>=20
> I can't see a way of excluding categories with poudriere ports when
> updating the ports tree - the only workaround I can see is to download =
another tree, call it something and then manually edit that tree, and =
then set the build off with -p port-treename. Every time I want to
> make a bulk run.
>=20
> Basically I'm looking for exclude mask functionality when updating a
> ports tree with poudriere ports.
>=20
> Do I need to do this manually or have I missed something?

I don=E2=80=99t think it=E2=80=99s easy to do that. How would you handle =
dependencies? (For example, some ports require X11 libs and stuff, even =
though they=E2=80=99re in a different category.)

Do you want to save time on builds by excluding pkgs that you know =
you=E2=80=99ll never need? Or what is your goal with this?

In my setup, I rely on the regular packages from the official repo, but =
for those pkg that I need built with different options, I run a custom =
list.

You could try to produce a filtered list of all ports, removing those =
that you=E2=80=99d never select manually, and let poudriere figure out =
what needs to be built. Something along the lines of:
- update ports
- list all ports | grep -v '^x11/'
- run poudriere with resulting list

Stefan