Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 18:15:55 +0200
From:      Andreas Wideroe Andersen <awand@pragma.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mod_php4 failes with XFree86???

Jens Rehsack wrote:

> It seems you compiled php using GD2, which has support for XPM.
> If you specify WITHOUT_XPM and WITHOUT_X11, gd2 will not require
> X11.
>
> If you want reduce your downtime during upgrade ports, you should
> 1) cvsup
> 2) build wanted ports
> 3) use portupgrade -w port(s)
> 4) restart reinstalled app's

Thanks for your replies! - Things compiling correctly and the site
is now up again. Pheeew! :-)

The weird thing was that the PHP config-box with all the options
which always shows up didn't this time. Therefore I suspect it
simply compiled it all or a default set of options.

I've recently done some tidying on this server and I suspect I might
have removed something I shouldn't. What is required for this config
box to appear? I compared the pkg_list with another server that
works fine and I have got all the same programs, though versions
differs a bit.

Next on my install-todo-list is definatly portupgrade!

Thanks again!
/Andreas