Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 09:34:25 +0000
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        Stanley.Hopcroft@aipo.gov.au
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE, freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: pccard - handbook - faq ?

On Fri, Jan 09, 1998 at 06:05:51PM +1000, Stanley.Hopcroft@aipo.gov.au wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I am writing to say that Mr Whites link (vi) to the Japanese FreeBSD's PAO
> project is very useful, and comment on a D-Link 650 ethernet card.
>
> I am using a D-Link 650 in a Toshiba CT720 with the PAO patches for
> 2.2.5-RELEASE, and am pleased with the result.

Since yesterday I can second your comments abou the PAO Release.
I'm also very pleased with it.
My D-LINK 650 works fine and I achieved average ftp rates as high
as 650 KB/s between my notebook, a P100 and another FreeBSD
system with a Amd DX4-100 5x86.

> The D-Link card is configured and probed after the kernel unsuccessfully
> probes for an ed device - you need device ed in kernel and the standard PAO
> database (? I'm unsure of the name) supplies the PC Card parameters.

The only problem I sometimes see is that DHCP doesn't give me
the IP address right away. Routed also says something about
an already existing socket or something.
Havn't investigated it further, since I was so happy that I had
IP/ethernet connectivity at all.