Date:      Fri, 3 Apr 1998 15:06:19 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu (Mark Tinguely)
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPM section in vic

> does anyone know if vic is still being developed?

as far as i know, new versions are available in the "mash" toolset
for which source is not yet available.

If there is any enhancement to the LBL version (I know for sure
that there are versions of vat 4.0bX with X>7), this is not available
in source format.

> I am interested in the PPM sections that are "ifdef notyet" in the decoder.
> (someone here wants to periodically update a web page from a vic session).

I guess your only chance is to work on it yourself...
On a related topic i have a set of diffs for vic to support the "x11"
grabber, multiple meteor/brooktree grabber and (partly) the video
controls (luma, contrast etc.)

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/vic/

these apply after the patches in the 2.2.6-RELEASE port of vic.

	cheers
	luigi