Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:25:14 -0400
From:      "Jonathan Slivko" <js43064n@pace.edu>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <demus78@ntlworld.com>
Subject:   4.4-RELEASE: X-Kernel-Developer Install (X-Windows portion)

Hello,

I was trying to install FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE under an Intel Celeron
300Mhz w/ a 2GB HD, under a "X-Kern-Developer" install. However,
when the installation was finished, it omitted several portions,
namely GNOME, as I had requested. I have attempted to install
GNOME manually from /stand/sysinstall, which worked. However, the
question is:

1) Why didn't it work the 1st time?
(the first time, it didn't even install X Windows at all)
2) How much space is needed to do a successful install of
4.4-RELEASE with a 2GB partition (1.6GB of which is dedicated to
/usr).

A speedy response would be appreciated. Also, please cc:
demus78@ntlworld.com, as he is having the same issue I am.

-- Jonathan M. Slivko

--
Jonathan M. Slivko <js43064n@pace.edu>
Microsoft -- is that some kind of toilet paper?

____
Sent via the Pace University Mail system at stmail.pace.edu