Date:      Sat, 25 Apr 1998 17:48:07 -0400
From:      emk <emk@depeche-mode.com>
To:        freebsd <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   soundblaster

helloooo

i have a soundblaster 64 pnp.  i recompiled my kernel to accept snd0
(controller snd0) and added the sb0/sbxvi0/sbmidi0 devices and proper
irq's.  i also added the pnp controller.  but when i go in the /dev
directory and type ./MAKEDEV sb0   i get:  "sb0 - no such device name".
same with the other two sb devices.  i'm quite a bit puzzled coz i
followed all the necessary steps.  when my kernel boots, it says "sb0 at
220 not found".  is there some step i'm missing in all of this?  any
help would be greatly appreciated.  i use freebsd 2.2.5.

thanks

emk