Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 13:01:58 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Forrest W. Christian" <forrestc@imach.com>
To:        "Francis A. Vidal" <francis@usls.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: V.90 modems (Was: Cyclades Z series vs. Cisco 2600)

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Francis A. Vidal wrote:

> What other tweakings (to the router) do you do to maximize the modems
> on the ISP end?

I don't necessarily know of any resources for you, but I just wanted to
make sure you were aware that in order to get 56K connections, you MUST
either use a ISDN or T1 (or other digital method) from the modem to the
switch.

If you have one standard 56K modem call another, the most you are going to
get is 33.6.   This is one of the reasons I recommended the
Portmaster.  If you were looking for a 56K solution, there is a whole
different set of solutions.

- Forrest W. Christian (forrestc@imach.com) AC7DE