Date:      08 Mar 2001 07:28:41 -0600
From:      Tim Ayers <tayers@bridge.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: giving users privledges

J> i have a friend that wants to run a halflife server on my
J> machine...and administer the halflife server... i was wondering if
J> you could tell me how to set the users privledges so that eh can
J> install the port and administer it....whether it be installing it
J> to his home directory or what not.

If he will be installing it to his home directory you don't need to do
anything special. He has privileges to write to his own directory, so
there you go. But when he installs the half-life port he will have to
use the PREFIX option as explained in
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/ports-trouble.html.

HTH and
Hope you have a very nice day, :-)