Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 13:17:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Per Lundberg <plundis@chaosdev.org>
Cc:        Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: glibc

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Per Lundberg wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Alex Zepeda wrote:
>
> > It's quite easily argued that depending on a *NON STANDARD* getopt routine
> > is a bug.
>
> I know it isn't standard. But it works well, and is used by a lot of
> programs. Perhaps it should have been put in another library than libc,
> though. Actually, I'd better suggest this to the GNU people right ahead.

If you give me documentation on it, I'll implement it for the BSD libc. It
would be nice to go in, perhaps as a weak symbol (to remain compatible
with FreeBSD packages including their own getopt.) And don't tell me to
look at the getopt long code itself. That stuff is sickening.

I just want the [exact] API.

 Brian Fundakowski Feldman      _ __ ___ ____  ___ ___ ___
 green@FreeBSD.org                   _ __ ___ | _ ) __|   \
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!        _ __ | _ \._ \ |) |
       http://www.FreeBSD.org/              _ |___/___/___/