Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 2014 13:53:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frank_s@bellsouth.net>
To:        Michael Grimm <trashcan@odo.in-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: r356789 breaks rkhunter

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014, Michael Grimm wrote:

> On 09.06.2014, at 14:00, Frank Seltzer <frank_s@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> On Sun, 8 Jun 2014, Frank Seltzer wrote:
>
>>> I just upgraded rkhunter and the installer splatted the sample file over my .conf file.
>>>
>>> Running 'rkhunter --propupd' now quits with the error message
>>>
>>> The SCRIPTDIR configuration option has not been set by the installer.
>>
>> Some additional info.  I ran rkhunter -C on the default .conf file.
>>
>> -C Check the configuration file(s), then exit
>>
>> The SCRIPTDIR configuration option has not been set by the installer.
>> Invalid INSTALLDIR configuration option - no installation directory specified.
>> The default temporary directory will be used: /lib/rkhunter/tmp
>> Temporary directory does not exist: /lib/rkhunter/tmp
>> The default database directory will be used: /lib/rkhunter/db
>> Database directory does not exist: /lib/rkhunter/db
>> The internationalisation directory does not exist: /lib/rkhunter/db/i18n
>> Invalid SCRIPTWHITELIST configuration option: Non-existent pathname: /usr/local/bin/GET
>
> Same issue here. Could you solve it? If so, how?
>
> Thanks and kind regards,
> Michael

I had to create all the missing directories and add INSTALLDIR=/usr/local
to the .conf file.

Apparently there aren't many that use rkhunter or I would think that there
would have been more questions besides mine (which went unanswered).  It
seems that the upgrade wasn't well tested and no mention of the changes
required was added in /usr/ports/UPDATING.

Took me a bit and some head scratching to figure it out.

Frank