Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:15:00 +0100
From:      "Rogier Steehouder" <r.j.steehouder@student.utwente.nl>
To:        Bob Johnson <bob@eng.ufl.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, dhagan@colltech.com
Subject:   Re: [FBSD-Q] Re: Burning Audio CD's w/ IDE CD-RW drive

> > 1) Extract an audio track from a cd to a file
> >
> There are a few programs in the ports that claim to do this.  I use
> dagrab, e.g.
>
> $ mkdir musictracks
> $ cd musictracks
> $ dagrab -d /dev/acd1c
>
> will leave a file for each track (trackXX.wav) on the cd.

> > 2) Burn that track onto a cd-r (burncd -f /dev/acd1c audio filename
> > fixate?)
>
> That's right.  burncd will accept wildcards, so all of the files
> generated by dagrab can be burned with something like:
>
> $ burncd -f /dev/acd1c -e -s4 audio track*.wav fixate

Have you tried this? Does burncd convert .wav to CD audio format?
I suspect the result of the procedure above will sound like random noise.
According to the man page, burncd needs raw audio tracks. If anyone knows a
grabber that reads and writes CD audio format, I'd like to know. (cdda2wav
says it can, but my test failed miserably. Could have been my fault, though.)

With kind regards, Rogier Steehouder

-O_\ Rogier Steehouder                                 //
/ \  http://home.student.utwente.nl/r.j.steehouder/  //  \