Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 19:56:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim McMillen <timcm@umich.edu>
To:        Erik Rothwell <erothwell@callgtn.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Artem Koutchine <matrix@ipform.ru>
Subject:   Re: checking KDE2  again..

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Erik Rothwell wrote:

> I couldn't get KDE2 to run properly, though I didn't try with languages
other than English. KDE2 seems to load up fine, but you have to kill the
X server to get out of it, going to LOGOUT doesn't appear to work.

	I got kde2 to work well after a few tries installing it in 4.1.1.
I ended up getting it by installing it piece by pice from ports.  I also
had that same behavior when running kde2 on 4.1.1   It wouldn't logout I
had to kill the x sever.  I just lived with it.  Then I cvsupped my
source to 4.2-release, did the whole makeworld and rebuilt the kernel.
Worked fine, and now I can logout of kde2 fine.  Strange.

						Tim