Date:      06 Jan 2000 13:13:51 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail configuration

I'm configuring a site with two computers running 3.4-R.
I'm puzzled by sendmail configuration... handbook doesn't
really offer much help on this issue.

My little home network is connected to 'net via cable modem.
I have a domain name, and would like to take advantage
of that by sending and receiving mail directly.

One host (soup.thpoon.com) is my 24/7 server/nat box. It gathers
all mail for me, which I then read from it via POP3 from my work-
station (tea.thpoon.com). I would like it to provide similar
services for sending email.

I need to configure "soup" to send and accept email directly, as well
as relay email for "tea", which is going to use "soup" as its smart
host.

My question is: can this be done withoug reading the thousand-pages
bat book? I started reading it, but really don't have a week to
configure this setup...

Any good pointers for online tutorials/handbooks?

If you are going to recommend me an alternative to sendmail,
could you also include a pointer to its configuration docs?

Thanks a lot for any input!