Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 1998 07:44:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        gurab@zdnetmail.com (Christopher Raven)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cisco

In a previous message, Christopher Raven said:
> Hi,
>
> I have just received a Cisco 760 router and have been unable to get FreeBSD to use it. I have WinNT also and using the Cisco Faststep cd have set this up no problems. However the FreeBSD machine is unable to reach the outside world. Does FreeBSD support this router? It was supposed to be transparent I thought?
>
> the router has an IP 10.0.0.1 and the freebsd machine 192.168.1.2

Ah, for the 2 machines to take they need to be on the same subnet.
What is the address of your machine when you are running NT? My
guess would be something like 10.0.0.2. Why don't you try using
that. This is a simple IP networking question.

> I have a Static IP and designated gateway from my ISP which I have informed the router of using the Faststep CD through WinNT. Can anyone give me some hinters here thanks?
>
> Please reply to this address as this is all I can get at the moment and I am not on the mailing list, thanks.
>

> Mike
>

> Free web-based email, anytime, anywhere!
> ZDNet Mail - http://www.zdnetmail.com

"The very best, and oldest, computer system built by man is Stonehenge.
 Built by the Druids, who didn`t die out, but went bankrupt trying to
 debug the software."  --unknown