Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 09:46:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      kwoody@abalone.citytel.net
To:        Marty Leisner <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing multiple Un*xes

[someone ese wrote this]

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Marty Leisner Wrote:

> I don't know about OpenBSD...I know freebsd has a problem with
> two bsd slices (I really don't like this).
>
> With this regard, linux is very flexibility with partitions...

I was suprised by linux RH acutally. I had an old 386/33 w/120 mg drive
lying about doing nothing so as an excersise decided to install RH v4.2 on
it via ftp.

Took 2 trys to figure out how they name their partions but once I got
that and the setup asked what kind of FS I wanted partiton to be I listed
them and there was about 15+ types. Everything from OS/2 to BSD to DOS,
Linux, I think there was mention of VMS in there to. Alot of of esoteric
ones but very flexible is right when it comes to types of partitions.