Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 11:20:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Wayne M Barnes <wayne@klentaq.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   passwd hang

Dear FreeBSD,

    passwd is broke *again*

    I have 2 systems that won't do this command properly.  The first one is
wayne@klentaq:/etc>uname -a
FreeBSD klentaq.com 3.3-STABLE FreeBSD 3.3-STABLE #6: Wed Sep 22 16:28:38
CDT 1999     wayne@klentaq.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENEONE  i386

When I enter the command 'passwd', nothing comes back.  It's the same
with the comand 'send-pr'.

    My second system is a fresh install from the 3.3 CD.  Same thing.
But while typing up this message, I notice that it does
respond after a *ONE MINUTE FORTY SECOND PAUSE* pause.

    Trying that for system one:  *ONE MINUTE FORTY-ONE SECOND PAUSE*
The hang for send-pr is the same.

    This happens to me so much.  Can I be the only one?

Wayne M. Barnes
DNA Polymerase Technology, Inc.
barnes@klentaq.com      www.klentaq.com