Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:15:23 -0000 (GMT)
From:      klr@6s-gaming.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   need help on shell script

Hi list,

I read http://www.linuxgazette.com/node/view/9074 and tried to adopt this
script to my ipfw firewall:

#!/bin/sh
tail -f /var/log/security | \
  awk '
$0 ~ /ICMP/ {
system("cat /root/sounds/icmp.wav > /dev/dsp ");
}
$0 ~ /TCP/ {
system("cat /root/sounds/tcp.wav > /dev/dsp ");
}
$0 ~ /UDP/ {
system("cat /root/sounds/udp.wav > /dev/dsp ");
}
   '

This is what I got. However, sounds won't play one after another. e.g, if
3 packets are blocked at the same time, 2 TCP and one UDP, the system will
always wait for a sound to finish before playing the next. I want it to be
able to play the sounds in sequence (as fast as possible), but I couldn't
figure a way out!

Any shell script guru could give an helping hand? ;)

Regards

--
www.6s-gaming.com