Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2017 11:06:54 -0700
From:      Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jeff Kletsky <freebsd@wagsky.com>, FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: VNET / netgraph jails -- Locking down?

I do something similar, but I rely entirely on vnet and PF instead of
netgraph.  My host has two ethernet ports, so I use one for the host
and one for all of the jails.  That makes the pf setup easier.  I use
iocage to configure an ordinary vnet jail, bridged to the host's
second ethernet port.  Then I configure pf.conf like this.  This
ensures that the only traffic allowed into the jail is that destined
for its intended service, and the only traffic allowed out are
address, but if it does then PF will block all of its traffic.

www_services = "{ http, https, 8080 }"
host_iface = "em0"
dmz_iface = "em1"
www_jail_iface = "vnet0:1"
www_ip = "192.168.0.40"
set state-policy if-bound

scrub in
block in all
block out all

pass in on $host_iface
pass out on $host_iface
set skip on lo0

# Allow all traffic to the DMZ.  Filtering happens on individual vnet
# interfaces
pass in on $dmz_iface
pass out on $dmz_iface

# Put the www jail in a DMZ.  Don't allow outgoing traffic from it except for
# the webserver
pass out on $www_jail_iface proto tcp to $www_ip port $www_services keep state

-Alan