Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:49:04 -0600
From:      Rik Scarborough <RikSca@kc.rr.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB Printer

* Mike Meyer (mwm-dated-1011582990.1a3124@mired.org) [020115 21:28]:

> You have to change the C code to for the ulpt driver to recognize the
> printer. If you're not a programmer, you probably want to post a PR
> about it. If you are a programmer but haven't done any BSD kernel
> work, it'll be a bit of work to do this, but it is possible.

Ok, I was hoping not to have to do anything quite as complicated as
kernel level programming to get this to work.  On the other hand, I was
looking for something to gain a little more knowledge of FreeBSD.  I
looked at the source code for ultp.c.  This may take a little while....

Oh well, this is the fun part.

~Rik

--
Ranger Rik -- RikSca@mac.com

You keep using that word.  I don't think it means what you think it
means.
                                Inigo Montoya