Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2019 05:22:28 +0100
From:      Sid <sid@bsdmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   drm-kmod startup error

I built and used from packages drm-fbsd11.2-kmod, and it had an error on startup.

The errors are:
link_elf_obj: symbolic panic undefined
link_load_file: Unsupported file type
KLD drm.ko: depends on linuxkpi - not available or version mismatch
KLD drm.ko: depends on drmn - not available or version mismatch
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
kldload: unexpected relocation type 4
link_elf_obj: symbol uma_zalloc_arg undefined
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type

kldload: unexpected relocation type 4 repeats many times.

I just rebuilt world and kernel with linux and linx64 modules built for FreeBSD 11.2.

It is loaded from rc.conf, with kldlist="amdgpu", others were tried too, "/boot/modules/radeonkms.ko radeonkms"

I tried to unset syscons from loader.conf as I read from another thread, hw.syscons.disable=1. sc syscons and VESA are also not installed on my kernel. My console still loads without this, still with Radeon errors. Xorg is also not installed on my computer as I have this error for now. All ports and packes were removed, with a few reinstalled. It worked before upgrading to the changed name drm port.

>From the error messages, it looks like the latest drm ports or packages are mismatched with gpu-firmware-kmod.

Thanks.