Date:      Tue, 11 May 2004 01:22:26 -0700
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Fritz Heinrichmeyer <fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fresh x11 from x.org, missing libXtst and broken libXpm

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 00:27, Fritz Heinrichmeyer wrote:
> 1. libXpm.so.4 contains references defined nowhere, i.e. xpmColorKeys. The
> array is only defined extern in the source code.
>
> This breaks all terminal programs and emacs
>
> 2. libXtst is missing
>
> this breaks at least kde panel
>
> with restored binaries from XFree86 for this two libraries the rest is
> working.
>
> Now i still have installed
>
> XFree86-clients, XFree86-documents, XFree86-fonts and the mentioned two
> libraries.

The Xpm problem looks like it's fixed in the current libXpm.  libXtst --
I'll take a look at packaging that up after I handle some more bento
errors.  I didn't think that was anything that real programs should be
using, though.  And I need to start committing some stuff to server
trees instead of playing around in libraries so much.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org