Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 2014 12:06:35 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?S2xlbWVuIEZlcmphbsSNacSN?= <imbacen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stormlib port upgrade?

Hello

I would like to bring Stormlib 9.0 into ports but since the library
already exists in the ports tree I am not sure whether I should upgrade
stormlib-ghost++ or create a new port
(http://www.freshports.org/devel/stormlib-ghost++/).

Current port is:
-based on a "fork" of ghost++ project (which is more or less defunct)
-several years behind official upstream (v 6.25)

Official Stormlib upstream is at version 9.0 and actively maintained:
https://github.com/ladislav-zezula/StormLib

If port is upgraded with actual upstream the port name becomes somehow
misleading (contains ghost++ but doesn't have anything to do with it).
It also breaks the API so ghost++ does not build anymore.

I can provide more details if needed.

Best regards, Klemen