Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 03:55:16 -0700
From:      Tyler Durden <Tyler@projectmayhem.info>
To:        Free BSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sendmail or DNS configuration problem

Hello all,

I have been trying to set up by FreeBSD box to act as my mail server for my
hobby websites. Thus far, I seem to have gotten the smtp part to work (for
outgoing messages like this one). And qpopper seems to work for checking
through pop3 (I was able to receive the welcome message from Charlie Root
through pop3).

However, when I send a message to an address at the server, it doesn't go
through. Here is the bounce message:

<Tyler@projectmayhem.info>

554 5.0.0 MX list for projectmayhem.info. points back to
pone.projectmayhem.info
554 5.3.5 Local configuration error

I'm not sure what I need to change or configure. Sendmail? Or the mail
exchange DNS info? Or something else?

Any advice is appreciated!

Jim
Jim Krenz