Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 09:02:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "H. Jared Agnew" <hjagnew@mba1.mba-consulting.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86-4 create package

  Could someone tell me if there is a way to make an XFree86-4 package?  I
have tried using "make package" as ports (7) outlines.  This only creates
a package with the MTREE for the other pieces of the puzzle.  I have
created an X package by adding the XFree86-4 port to my system and then
using pkg_create with the files from /var/db/pkg/Xfree86-4.2.0_1,1 but
found that this way does not create the /etc/X11/… files (files other
than XF86-Config).
  Maybe the answer is to "make package" on XFree86-4 and the same for each
of its dependencies.  Then add them in the order they need to be added.
I just figured there was an easier way because there is an FreeBSD.org
distributes a single file package.

Thanks for any help

Jared Agnew