Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 09:59:26 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        maillist@coastsight.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bootable CD IV

From: Rick Duvall <maillist@coastsight.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 09:16:13 -0700 (PDT)

> So, I guess my next questions is:
>
> How do  create the 2.88M boot floppy image with the MFS stuff on it?  I
> guess it merges somehow inside the kernel?  Am I right?  If so, how do i
> compile my mfs into the kernel, and what do I put in the MFS?

In the interests of sparing my fingers, I'll simply direct you to
/usr/src/release/Makefile at this point; you can see how it builds the
mfsroot.flp bits and how it also stuffs them into a "big kernel"
for the boot.flp bits.  Don't be surprised if you have to read
it about 11 times to really get the gist, but it will eventually
make sense if you have the patience. :) Good luck!

- Jordan