Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:01:38 +1000
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD webdesign

On Wed, Aug 25, 1999 at 01:08:45PM -0700, Matthew Hunt wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 05:19:22AM +1000, jonathan michaels wrote:
>
> > or someting long the lines of disabled people with various
> > levels of visual acuity loss, the poor screen resolutions used
> > by crts thes days, generally 70-90 dpi and finally those with
> > colour diferentiation and distortion difficulties
>
> I'll be even more reactionary, reaching back to the good ol' days
> when HTML didn't have a way to specify text and background colors.
> I don't think web pages should be altering the background and text
> colors that I have selected (traditional Mosaic black-on-grey).

i don't think that is a reactionary position ... it was what
html was intended to be. i use mosaic exclusively when i need
(am forced to use) a gui client. i used to hope that microsoft
and netscape would leave html alone, looks like i hoped in vain.

on another more sombre note...

ps, to all the others who responded to my comments thank you. i
am not real good (as in being very ill) at the moment.
sometimes the frustration of not being able to manage teh
(sever chronic and intractble) pain have coloured my responces,
for this i apologise.

let me take this oportunity to say thank you and goodbye. some
time between now and christmass i will be subject to a series
of surgeries that will ultimately determine what is left of
my fate, while i have a good (one of the best) neurosurgeons in
the hosptial my fate is ultimately inthe hands of my god and he
has a particularly interesting sence of humour. so who know
what will happen.

anyway, its been nice to talk to those few who could see past
thier own parocial language usage and my somewhat contorted
spellings, again thank you all and good bye .. may your god be
with you and keep you all safe, as mine is and does for me.

warm regards

jonathan

ps, mr clayton, er, um, nik .. thanks for your help.