Date:      Sun, 4 Jul 1999 14:27:03 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Splash Screens (was Re: 3.2-RELEASE Feedback)

Randy Bush:
 |so, i hacked my /boot/loader.conf.local to be
 |
 |    splash_bmp_load="YES"
 |    vesa_load="YES"
 |    bitmap_load="YES"
 |    bitmap_name="/boot/splash.bmp"
 |    bitmap_type="splash_image_data"
 |
 |install a 1024x768 /boot/spalsh.bmp
                           ^^^^^^

I assume this is just a typo (?)

 |and no spash, of course.
 |
 |3.2-stable+pao
 |vaio 505tx

Splash wise, you have everything I do, though I'm using PCX.  Maybe splash
doesn't grok that BMP:

     splash_bmp.ko   W*ndows BMP file decoder.  While the BMP file format al-
                     lows images of various color depths, this decoder cur-
                     rently only handles 256 color bitmaps.  Bitmaps of other
                     color depths will not be displayed.

Randall