Date:      Sun, 23 Aug 1998 17:45:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mark turpin <mturpin@shadow.spel.com>
To:        FreeBSD hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PCI Device driver question

Hello,

	This is my first attempt at writing a device driver..  I read most
of the other drivers in the pci directory before starting and thought I
knew what I was doing...  Well, obviously I didn't :)   So, I need your
help.. All I want to do right now is make it show that it actually found
the device on the startup list.

Please help
Thanks

Mark Turpin

I added the following line to files

pci/if_rtk.c	rtk 	device-driver

and to GENERIC in i386/conf

device rtk0

and here is my wonderful code....

#include "pci.h"
#if NPCI > 0

#include <sys/param.h>
#include <sys/systm.h>
#include <sys/malloc.h>
#include <sys/kernel.h>
#include <pci/pcireg.h>
#include <pci/pcivar.h>

#include "rtk.h"

static char* rtk_pci_probe __P((pcici_t, pcidi_t));
static void rtk_pci_attach __P((pcici_t config_id, int unit));

static u_long rtk_pci_count = NRTK;

static struct pci_device rtk_pci_driver = {
	"rtk",
	rtk_pci_probe,
	rtk_pci_attach,
	&rtk_pci_count,
	NULL
};

static char*
rtk_pci_probe (config_id, device_id)
	pcici_t config_id;
	pcidi_t device_id;
{
	if (device_id && 0x813910ec)
		return ("RealTek 8139 10/100Mbps Ethernet");

	return NULL;
}

static void
rtk_pci_attach (config_id, unit)