Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2011 01:44:25 +0200
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        Alexandre Kovalenko <bsd.gaijin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System extremely slow under light load

> Did you try to set OS override to any of the values, recognized by
> your BIOS, with most interesting being  "Windows 2001 SP2", "Windows
> 2006" and "Windows 2009".

Yes, I tried this a while ago, before messing with the DSDT. I figured
it was unlikely that Dell shipped a DSDT which leads to 0°C readings
under Windows. Alas, no OS override seemed to change anything. The CPU
was running just as hot and the temperature reported by ACPI remained
0°C. Now that I have tried Linux, I can confirm that there, too, the
temperature is 0°C. The DSDT is completely broken.

>  Additionally, could you, by any chance, replace _TMP method in TZ01
> with the snippet below and let me know what the result is:

I am running with that change right now. It seems to have the same
effect as my own fixes: hw.acpi.thermal.tz1.temperature works and
returns a temperature that agrees with dev.cpu.X.temperature. No other
obvious changes. All temperatures are still in the same ranges.

- Bartosz