Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:55:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        skalir scalar <skalir@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ethernet card and sound card ... (pcmcia)

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, skalir scalar wrote:

> Heya,
>
>     I am wondering if my Linksys PCMCIA 10/100BT ethernet card will
> come up/work in FreeBSD, and if my laptop's sound card will work
> properly in FreeBSD. The sound card is:
>
> (according to windows/controlpanel/system/)
>
> NABTS/FEC VBI Codec
> NeoMagic MagicWave 3DX Sound System
> WaveTop (TM) NABTS/CC VBI Codec
>
> those are all the sound drivers under system in
> windows.
>
> any suggestions/ideas/etc, thanks.

Neomagic doesn't give out specification for thier sound devices,
i'm pretty sure this is not going to work.

Also, Linksys ships many cards labeled the same, but with
different internal chipsets, freebsd supports many of these
chipsets, but unless you do the research to find out which
one I can't be entirely sure it's supported.

-Alfred