Date:      Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:14:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brad Laue <brad@brad-x.com>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Cc:        Pascal Pederiva <freebsd@paped.com>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PATCH: syscons.c sysctl for PC-Reboot Keys

I don't think there's much room for opinionated banter on this - modifying
the keymap is inelegant, and IMHO should not be employed as a means.

I would much prefer seeing a sysctl added to control this on the fly, as I
myself have had situations where I have wanted to reenable console
rebooting and haven't been able to.

Would the appropriate people please consider Pascal's patch for inclusion?

Brad

// -- http://www.BRAD-X.com/ -- //