Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 07:35:01 +0400 (MSD)
From:      "Oleg M. Golovanov" <oleg@tpo.krasnoyarsk.su>
To:        okana@superonline.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Must I install it..

Hello !

>This is Okan Asik from Turkey.

I am from Russia.

>I am using windows 95 right now.

Why ?

>But as you know i don't like it. I am using it just because internet.

Nobody like Windows 95. You can work in Internet from another OS
but Unix is the best case.

>I heard about FreeBsd in internet yesterday.
>I had used Linux for 5 months. And it came to me a little hard.
>I want to use x-window like in Novell Unixware..
>
>Is there a GUI in FreeBsd.Is it like Linux's x-window or spmething else..
>As you see am looking for a GUI unix operating system.

You can install FreeBSD UNIX with X11R6 GUI System.
For some common GUI details it's close to Linux's GUI.
But it depends from setup of X Client under FreeBSD.

>If it is not like unixware-Novell i am gonna install Novell i think..
>But my machine is 586CYRX-16RAM-820HDD
>
>See..It is very mini requriment for Novell..

It's enough for FreeBSD.
At the first time I have used for this purpose 386DX-40Mhz-8RAM-340HDD.

--
Oleg M. Golovanov
System administrator of

Phones (3912) 499-622, 435-920