Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:06:46 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Jeff Einhorn <jeinhorn@meridian-enviro.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1_2

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 09:53:28AM -0500, Jeff Einhorn wrote:
> I know there is a fix for the jakarta-tomcat ports bug, but it might be
> worth while to automatically fix this sort of problem in the future.  It
> is unreasonable to expect thousands of freebsd users to execute those
> commands on every machine, that got a bad copy of the ports tree, by
> hand(thus the repetitive posts).
>      just my two cents,
>                jeff

The source versions of cvsup in the ports, that is both the net/cvsup and
net/cvsup-devel ports, have patches for this particular (very rare, very
obscure) CVS repository problem.  The net/cvsup-bin port is not yet updated,
though.  I think jdp is working on CVSup in a direction that might make
the net/cvsup-bin port unneeded, if the package built from the net/cvsup
port is available.

G'luck,
Peter

--
If there were no counterfactuals, this sentence would not have been paradoxical.