Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 1995 15:18:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        tony@thing.sunquest.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (freebsd-hackers)
Subject:   Re: client & server ppp

It sounds like you have the getty on the wrong port or you are
dialing out on the wrong port.  Getty should not wake up when you
dial out on a /dev/cuxxx port.

You may want to use ppp, aka iijppp, to dial into the Portmaster.
I have been using it for uni-directional demand dialing for a year
and used it for several months for bi-directional demand dialing.

John Capo
IRBS Engineering