Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 22:33:29 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Reproduceable data corruption using bzip2 + current libc (cvsup'ed on Friday)

Hi,

I don't know what's going on, but on my -CURRENT system bzip2 produces
corrupt archives when I'm trying to compress big tar archive of compiled
XFree86. First my guess was that it is a hardware problem, but the
problem disappears when I'm using libc.so.4 and bzip2 copied from my
4-STABLE box.

I'll try to recompile world and see if it helps, but the problem looks
really *weird*.

-Maxim