Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 2008 19:10:20 +0100
From:      "Zbigniew Szalbot" <zszalbot@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why FreeBSD not popular on hardware vendors

Hi,

>> I don't see the difference.  If a program runs on FreeBSD it runs on
>> FreeBSD, so it _is_ something that FreeBSD users may be interested in
>> for their every day work.  Does it really matter if the particular piece
>> of software also runs on AmigaOS?  Not really, IMO :)
>
> do you ask say - microsoft - about supporting program that doesn't run under
> windows, but runs under - say - MacOS.
>
> no.
>
> so stop asking on FreeBSD group about flash support. it's not FreeBSD
> developers job.

Wojciech - I know you are a very competent and experienced user when
it comes to FBSD so do not treat my post as kind of a flame war. Let
me say this - if you want to help, please do. There are many times
when your replies are helpful (gmirror comes to mind) but more often
than not you discourage beginners from getting interested in this
project. Please stop doing that. Please. It seems to me that you are
forcing your views on everyone by looking at reality from your point
of view only. I wouldn't have written this if it was only tiring, but
it is also harmful to the communit at large, especially those who are
interested in giving FBSD a try.

Best regards,

--
Zbigniew Szalbot